Spark! Community Center is currently looking for a part time activities specialist.
Please send application and resume to April at email@example.com
Job Title: Activities Specialist
Job Classification: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Supervised By: Program Director
Supervises: No one
Summary: The Activities Specialist will assist the Program Director to develop and implement a variety of engaging activities that meet the needs and interests of center participants. The Activities Specialist will additionally see that the center and materials are kept clean, well-organized, and accessible to participants.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform daily opening and closing duties with attention to safety and detail.
- Ensure that the center and activity materials are kept clean, attractive, safe, accessible, and well-organized on a daily basis.
- Ensure program and event supplies and equipment are safe and well-maintained; track inventory and let the Program Director know when supplies are low.
- Track daily attendance, and maintain other participant data.
- Create and facilitate activity groups and classes that are well prepared and meet the needs and interests of participants with the support of the Program Director and the Programming Committee.
- Help develop and implement a variety of engaging social and educational events and activities that meet the needs and interests of center participants with the support of the Program Director and Events Committee. This may involve research and communication with potential speakers and presenters from the greater community.
- Promote and inform participants and the greater community of upcoming classes, programs, and events, and encourage participation with the support of the Directors and the Marketing Specialist. Ensure marketing materials are accessible and attractively displayed.
- Support the Program Director with the coordination of program and event logistics, including the support of volunteers.
- Orient, supervise, and help train volunteers assigned to help with programming, events, and center maintenance.
- Ensure regular and responsive communication with all center staff.
- Attend and participate in monthly staff meetings, Events Committee and Programming Committee meetings; follow through on designated tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all activities meet center safety protocols, and that participants adhere to the Spark! Code of Conduct; notify Program Director and Executive Director immediately regarding any concerns.
- Adhere to center policies and procedures.
- Other duties as requested by the Program Director and Executive Director.
Education, Experience and Skills:
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent; college experience (degree in recreation management, human services, education, social services) is preferred
Experience: 2 years of working with people with special needs and coordinating activities and events is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be organized and efficient
- Attention to detail and safety
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to consider the advice and opinions of others
- Able to solve problems and maintain composure in stressful situations
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Ability to train and motivate others
- Ability and willingness to act as a role model in conduct and appearance
- Excellent computer skills, including contact management tools
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- A caring and patient disposition
To apply please send application and resume to April at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spark! Job Application 2017 – Click to download application.
Activities Specialist Job Description 2017 – Click to download